Why did I offer a studio called – what is the probelm.
Because in my conversations with some of the young people in our community I saw what for me was a problem.
1. The real huge hidden world of design – in the big companies – was totally unknown.
2. I wondered about who was supplying the tools that these young people were using to think?
3. The Submission was a big huge monster – but they do it differently in the favellas.
4. Life and uni were to be kept apart. Uni was work.
5. Design was primarily re-design. Or a thing to do things with.
6. A design project was supposed to be extremely hard work.
So I set up a studio which would tackle all this. And so the studio.