The Corporation Game came to an end. And a few things happened:
1. I wrote to the university to get an evaluation of the course done: Helen and Angela picked up on the assignment and had a round of conversation with the students and then met me. The process used was focus groups and interviews. The result of the evluation is to written up by them as a report. When I get this I will put it up on the blog and/or mail the game players a copy.
2. The Game Players made a book: The book is in the voice of the game players and tells the stody of an educational journey. Its very well written and put together. Give it a few years and when you loo back it will look good. I ahve spoken to colleagues about the CG by using the book.
3. I am writing a conference paper for Lisbon called the Corporation Game: In Lisbon I will meet all my old friends from Turkey, Israel and UK. This I will take to show them what I am up to.
Many of you keep coming up and saying ‘I have heard things’, and ‘are you going to run the corporation game again’- my answer to that is:
1. I will probably never ever run the Corporation Game.
2. All my teaching is based upon the principles that the students saw in the Corporation Game.
3. I believe the content of the course is irrelevant, it is the method that is critical. And the method that characterised my work in the CG is what I will always do.
4. I work upon the students, and build their capability. This is what I have done for 20 years. Its my second decade as a teacher of design – and nothing has changed.
But for those of you who saw significance in our collaborarive realisation – thank you. You ‘let go’ – and it works every time.