The trick is to write early and keep writing as a thinking tool. Below are the writing tasks the student will be required to do over the coure of the year.
- Need statement (what is the problem, why is it an interesting problem, what is the design angle to the problem, and how is it different from what others would do): 1500 -2000 words
- Ways of immersion – ways of doing research, and why you have chosen to do it this particular way (explain method): 1500 words with PERT chart, process charts
- The research document – discuss what you found and what it meant: 5000 words, or 5 essays of 1000 words each. Images and endnote bibliography.
- Solution Mapping (ANT description of your area – what is going on, who are the actors) – discuss in 1500 words with network maps
- Annotated concept development (Exploration): Discuss each concept in 250 words min. 10 to 15 concepts – 2500 words
- Your final solution discussed in words: 1500 words
- How are you taking your idea forward – what is your intervention? Describe in words – 1500
- What is the result of your intervention – describe in words – 1500
- Demonstrate your project – as valid