Encyclopedia of Asian Design: Soumitri Varadarajan is a co-editor of the Encyclopedia of Asian Design (Berg Publishers). I am at this moment engaged in research to co-edit the Asian Encyclopedia of Design. For this project I am looking for and contacting Asia Experts, both in Australia, the world and in the specific Asian country. I am, over the course of this year, evaluating potential collaborators and contributors to the project.
ADDITIONALLY – over the years I have been engaged in privileging Asia as a component of design capability. More …
- Student Exchange: Student exchange with Asia is an ongoing activity (Since 2005). Approx 150 students have received scholarships.
- History-Theory Course in the UG program: There is a taught course in Asian Design in the undergraduate Industrial Design Program.
- Studio projects with Asian Content: The program conducts studios with the theme of Asia or situated in an Asian Context.
- Asia Focussed Post-graduates supervised:
- Masters by research: Reconstruction in Aceh post Tsunami.
- Masters by research: Chinese Whispers: Industrial Design in China
- PhD: Design in the redevelopment of Iraq.
- PhD: The Australian Design Condition
- Alumni Group: As a programme, the staff keep in touch with the alumnus of the program in Asia.