The “global warming studio” requires you to develop your design of a ‘car’ over the course of a year.
Listed here are the 10 key aspects of the ‘Global Warming Studio’.
1. This studio is part of the Sustainable Pathway in the Industrial Design Program.
2. The studio will emphasize exploration of aesthetics – particularly Japanese aesthetics.
3. The studio is a Campaign Project – to make a difference and to engage in a major challenge facing humanity.
Exposure and capability development
1. The studio has three key manufacturing Industry participants – Ford, GM and Toyota.
2. The studio offers industry visits and feedback sessions with designers in the auto industry.
3. The studio draws on research projects in Universities (RMIT Engineering and Monash University) in Australia.
Focus is upon
1. Radical Innovation.
2. Making a thing of beauty.
3. Setting clear goals and achieving them.
4. Developing confident independent thinkers.
This is from the Age paper. Looks like the emissions trading scheme is dead!
Or some political points are being made.
Global warming isn’t real, says Senator Fielding
Family First Senator Steve Fielding has made up his mind on global warming – there’s not enough evidence that it’s real.
After talks with the Government and top scientists, Senator Fielding, who holds a crucial Senate vote, has released a document setting out his position.
“Global temperature isn’t rising,” it says.
On emissions trading, Senator Fielding said he wouldn’t risk job losses on “unconvincing green science”.
The document was prepared with the help of some of the country’s most prominent climate-sceptic scientists.
It says it is a “fact” that the evidence does not support the notion that greenhouse gas emissions are causing dangerous global warming.
The Senate is due to debate emissions trading legislation this week.
The Government is struggling to muster enough votes to pass the legislation.
Senator Fielding’s stance appears to torpedo the chance of the scheme passing as the Government would need his support, as well as that of the Greens and independent Nick Xenophon.
I came across this piece in the Telegraph (see below). And I am sympathetic to the argument that questions whether there is global warming – the Al Gore sense of the term. I also hear that Britain is going through a nasty cold winter. On the other side:
1. Yunus talked about the sea taking over land in Bangladesh.
2. The Maldives are talking to Australia about relocating – and abandoning their island.
3. The coral reefs are dying.
And the earth is a dirty place in many countries.
So for me its not as if global warming is true or not. Its that the planet is getting hotter in places, toxic in other places and there is a lot that is wrong in the way we go about things.
Global warming: Al Gore’s convenient untruth freezes over :: Gerald Warner
You have to wrap up well against this global warming. Over the past 48 hours the temperature has fallen as low as -12C in Dorset, with the sea at Poole Harbour frozen up to 20 yards from shore, and parts of Britain colder than Greenland. Phew, what a scorcher! Might be a good idea to start up the car (if it will start) and pump some more CO2 into the atmosphere before we freeze to death. What did the media warn us about climate change?